Saturday, October 20, 2012

Telegrams - creative retreat and Barcelona on the horizon:

Going into Autumn with a lovely - warm - feeling inside of me (notice I am a Summer kind of girl - therefore this new love affair with Autumn is beyond new and strange...).

Taking Egypt with me - wherever I go. It´s part of me, after all. Not only the many years of performing there - living, suffering, enjoying, LEARNING - but also my own eternal nature that belongs to THAT ground. The feeling of accomplishing my own dreams and mission in LIFE is a BLESSING impossible to express by words. 
Finding the UNION between my egyptian side and my "world" side: here´s my current goal (very few people will understand this phrase but I do and that´s what REALLY matters).

The Warrior is going to BARCELONA - SPAIN next. Performance and show at BOF on the first weekend of November. Om Kolthoum is ON - for both workshops and performance - and she´s kicking my ass, as usual. I´ll be also taking some of my baladi, "assaya" details, "SET il HOSN" stage entrance and Magic* - THAT´S FOR SURE.
Barcelona: here I come!

Laughing at a LOT of things and attitudes (mine and from others). How your "enemies" turn out to be your friends by pushing you forward and how nothing is what it looks.
 Life´s an ADVENTURE, folks: and we have to LIVE it with courage and fierce passion.

In love with my own BOOK (BOOKS, in fact - two volumes on the way). After writing it and editing it, I´m letting it simmer - cook by itself, for a while - so that the night duendes visit it and do their own silent* work. Still a second - and final (!!!) - editing job and the bread is sizzling hot and ready to be served with a side of homemade marmalade and a pot of tea. 
Yes, yes, it´s annoying for a lot of haters and envy professionals but I am not tired to say: 
I´m so proud of myself (reading about my own Journey in the Middle East - specially in Egypt - and the way I learnt, lived, achieved Success and a greater Knowledge of my craft and LIFE is absolutely incredible; hard to believe, even for the person who went through it all).

I often say it´s easy to be successful - even in the middle of a prostituted jungle like Cairo Oriental Dance scene - but it´s nothing short of a miracle to be successful, honest, dignified, FREE and HUMAN (all at the same time). Doing IT gives me a deep sense of self-respect and gratitude for God´s help.




Taking the BEST of Egypt to the WORLD: the music, the dance, the feeling, the LOVE, the SOUL* of my beloved country.

No comments: