Sunday, October 7, 2012

Still on the LOVE (for Egypt)



  1. My own comments on the critics I receive every time I dare to open my mouth regarding the current political-mentality state of Egypt:

    It´s incredible how - for a LOT of people - LOVING EGYPT means lying about what´s happening there and closing your eyes/mouth towards the injustices and negative things going on (things that need to be CHANGED and will not so while we keep the garbage under the carpet). 
    For me, LOVE is NOT BLIND and STUPID (as folkloric tales and romances lead us to presume). I can LOVE EGYPT and still be against all the things I see as negative. 
    Yes: Egypt is CHANGING to a place I don´t recognize and YES, I think Egypt´s SOUL is bigger than any political change, religions, fashions, current mentality. Call me a ROMANTIC: that I am. Very FEW will understand me in this*.


    • It  makes me sad to see so much POTENTIAL in egyptians but a total wrong direction being used to apply that potential. Minds are killed from early age, brains are frozen by the memorizing and NO QUESTIONING, creativity is limited in the name of tradition and conservative values that are nothing but bulshit...It hurts my soul, really. And NOTICE a fact that also very few are aware of:
       I would not be able to understand and love egyptian music and dance if I didn´t understand and love egyptian people: one thing and the other are two faces of the same coin, ONE and the SAME thing. That´s why this whole current mess gets in my nerves and hurts me.

No comments: