Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Salsa with Leila (unforgettable moments in Russia*)


I believe there are many definitions of success and I certainly have my own. The possibility to share my Vision of Oriental Dance (of Life) with the whole world is a huge part of my "success" definition but inspiring/empowering other people to live their own dreams is also at the centre of all my work.

What you see in this vídeo was an improvised warm up I did with little Leila (thanks, Olesya, for filming this special moment). She was not only the youngest dancer I´ve trained during these 15 days of work in Russia but the most talented little girl - EVER!

Aside from the Festivals, I was fully booked with private lessons with pretty amazing dancers but my heart was delivered on a platter to this little girl whose openness, trust, LIFE and beautiful heart shone right through every single movement that came out of her.

We all have a LOT to learn from children - especially this* kind of children who are not afraid to try, to feel, to enjoy, to TRUST (the teacher, themselves, life). Only four words: I am in Love.

Thanks, little Leila, for providing me some of the happiest (and most successful) moments of my life.

No comments: