Wednesday, August 12, 2009











Cairo, the 12th August, 2009
"Superb"

These last shows have been simply superb! I'm flourishing, with God's help.
As it happens with the things that most matter in life, I find no right words to describe the last performances I've been inspired to present.

Letting my dancers rest for a while, I take the stage by myself ( with my orchestra, obviously) and I return home in a state of total and the most absolute bliss and exhaustion.

As soon as I arrive, I am in need of a great deal of pampering, tenderness, relaxing time and rest. I am in need of hugs, kisses and smiles that arise from the soul.
I am in need of daily recover and cold showers and hot meals that can fill, somehow, the void left by the night's shows.
I'm in need of fresh flowers at my bed side and great books that can inspire me.
I am in need to be spoiled with care and inspiration.:)
I've never felt such an energy expense as now. Is it from the place itself?? The bigger stage or the bigger responsability of 1000 eyes on me trying to figure out if I'm "really good as they say"?!



I'm not quite sure what's the reason of this extra energy expend but I'm on my way to find out.
Points taken:
1.Self-confidence mixed with real preparation (education, knowledge, knowing your craft for real) adds a LOT to your dance quality.
2. Feelings there are not acting but, then again, the "real thing", are a great PLUS towards any kind of audience as this is the main objective of the dance itself: connect human beings through the heart.

3. Letting yourself go and enjoy the tremendous pleasure of this dance rather than wanting to please the crowd works the best for everyone - musicians, dancer and audience.

4. Thanking God for each show, each music. Being healthy, talented and appreciated in such an extent that I'm here, doing what I'm doing with all my heart and soul is a GIFT I thank God for.

Looking forward tonight...:) and preparing for Ramadan (here comes the time of the year when everyhting, from dance to shaving your legs in the presence of another woman, seems to be "haram"...).

No comments: