Thursday, August 27, 2009




Cairo, the 28th August, 2009

"Ramadan shows - challenges and pleasures"

Wow...
I already launched my Ramadan shows at the "Nile Maxim".

Mostly, due to the Ramadan, the shows are for foreigners/tourists and, as you all may know (in case you've been reading my Diary for a while), performing for tourists is not exactly my idea of fun!
I am a foreigner myself and yet, I cannot help but feel egyptian while I'm on stage and, as I also mentioned 1000 times, there's no better audience than the egyptian/arab.
If the dancer is really GOOD, the audience responds and appreciates the ART like no foreigner could (not their dance, culture, language, etc). There's a warm - even hot! - atmosphere that arises from the deep mutual understanting and connection between dancer and audience. Nothing can buy that sensation when your audience knows de music, the lyrics, the feeling and the difference between a regular dancer and an artist...aaaaahhhhh..............................



Well...I could look at it like "here we go...work to be done!" or I can just look at it as an extra challenge and try new approaches and programs which can work as different kind of comunication with my several audiences. Maybe the problem and limitation is with me and not with the foreigner audiences... :(


Another challenge of Ramadan shows:
the thematic shows I prepared with old "Mwashahat", gorgeous stuff composed for the "Reda Troupe" a long, long time ago, classical pieces related to this holy season and a lot of other musical goodies my orchestra is still struggling with.

Overall, I am excited! EXCITED! I see lots of growing perspectives during this Ramadan season.

YES!

No comments: