Thursday, June 10, 2010



Cairo, the 10th June, 2010

Finding IT (always going back to the Classics and my beloved Gene Kelly)

After the searching part always comes the best part: FINDING IT!

Whenever I am dull and feeling nothing makes sense in my head, I find renewed excitement in Gene Kelly (my all time favourite dancer).

After I discovered this magical performer (MR. GENE KELLY, indeed)by the hands of my also beloved Master Mahmoud Reda (another one of my favourite dancers and one my all time best friends), I never left him for long.

Every time I conclude this path is too hard on me and I just feel like throwing the towel on the floor and retiring to a monastery in the Sinai mountains, I run towards the CLASSICS like SINGING IN THE RAIN.

There are many reasons why a movie/song/book/painting is considered a CLASSIC. There are so many other reasons why these cultural products resist time and fashions and always remain fresh, amazing and surprising.

This is the product of GENIUS!
Heellllpppppp...whenever I feel like I need some dancing rescue, I run towards Gene Kelly and the movie SINGING IN THE RAIN.

Amazing is not enough to describe what this movie can do for me...

No comments: