Saturday, June 26, 2010


Cairo, the 26th June, 2010

The real MEANING of the word WOMAN

One of the things that distinguishes mentality in Egypt and in most countries of the Western world is the way women see themselves and men see women.

Since I've arrived to the Middle East, I've been facing a revolting reality: no matter how educated and socially/economically successful women may be, they still remain in that box of objects for the use of men.

I see WOMEN as high beings, totally dignified and sacred. Luckily, I had a strong, incredible mother who gave me the example of what a WOMAN/WARRIOR/WOLF is.
As I perceive it, my body, mind and soul belong to me and God. No man EVER could steal it, take it or buy it. I offer myself - or parts of me- to the ONE I love according to my exclusive will, desire and feeling.

Since I got to this part of the world I've been discovering this other dark reality of WOMEN-OBJECTS and the way every man thinks he can buy your body and soul.
I ask myself WHEN.

WHEN will women rebel against oppression and that notion of themselves as weak, vulnerable products made by GOD to serve men?

MEN will respect WOMEN - not servants, not prostitutes, not objects but W-O-M-E-N - when they start respecting themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, my legs are still MINE and only MINE. My breasts and hips belong to noone else but ME (and the man I love, when I offer them to him with all my heart).
My mind and soul still belong to me and GOD.
No one, no matter how powerful he is, can ever BUY me and that's one of my most beautiful VICTORIES.

No comments: