Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cairo, the 6th June, 2010

All you need is LOVE

Yes, indeed.
There I was again - with my dear friend Noha who has a heart that defies all prejudices I carry towards most egyptians and arabs - between dozens of cats in a far away Cairo shelter.
Our boy - Casper - is still waiting for adoption but it's getting stronger and more beautiful every day (and that includes trusting human beings once again and their ability to love).

In the middle of our motherly visit to Casper, I had to check on all the other cats in the place and had one more encounter that brought tears to my eyes. I always feel overwhelmed by animal's pure hearts and willingness to love you and receive your love.

I entered in one of the big cages and sat at the couch surrounded by 10-15 cats at a time. I always feel at home when surrounded by animals or children.

Then I started listening one of my favourite soundtracks: cat's purring. Their pleasure/joy sound that is both sweet and sexy. They're the best, really!

Even before I could sit on the couch, all the cats in the cage came running toward me to greet me, kiss me and ask for attention. The sweetest of them all are the egyptian cats -MAU - this shelter is protecting (because they are in extinction). I've never seen so much tenderness and ability to express love as I saw in these creatures.


They were all over me, talking with me, purring at me and for me, kissing and hugging in their own unique way. I felt such an overflow of unconditional LOVE that simple tears ran down my face.
It was inevitable. My cup ran over board with their ability to comunicate, ask and give LOVE. And they're animals...I wonder how human beings could be like, if we tried!

No comments: