Friday, June 25, 2010

Cairo, the 25th June, 2010

AHLAN WA SAHLAN OPENING NIGHT

Thanks to all Art Muses, the opening of Ahlan Wa Sahlan Festival was a huge success and a one of a kind crowd gathering (as usual!).

I always get overwhelmed by the feeling of seeing so mnay dancers from all over the world united to enjoy the same passion: Oriental Dance. My romantic heart just cannot get enough of the LOVE gathering so many nationalities and styles.
The Opening was simply GORGEOUS! Congratulations, Madame Raqia!
No matter how many knives people stuck on her back, this lady is made of a great material and keeps getting stronger and brighter. I admire her so much! May God keep her strenght, always.

From all the performances I saw, I must dedicate a note to Souraya's show which was the best one (in my opinion). She still doesn't reach me as an artist, I can't feel emotion or my breath being taken away by her dancing yet still I can recognize the great taste in her presentation:
Her magnificent orchestra (her accordeon, violin and tabla always win my heart), the reportoire of extreme good taste and her impeccable look (cute but never cheap).
There are so many things one can appreciate in a dancer and I feel Souraya really cares about her work and respects what she's offering to her audience and for that I respect her and cherish her.

The other dancers - including Dina - were professional as they may be but didn't strike a note with me.

REALLY enjoyed finding new and old friends related to the dance world and hugging some of them. This event is a star gathering, that's for sure!

Now, all energies being kept to my VERY OWN show on the 30th June. Hope you'll ALL be there supporting me.

No comments: