Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cairo, the 20th March, 2011

The same old "pashas"!

It must be my destiny, "nasibi". Or the destiny of any Oriental dancer who DARES to work in Egypt without prostituting herself in exchange for money, work and career pushes.
I ve dealt with it hundreds of times, literally. I have exhausted myself from it, talked about it, exorcize it and won many battles over it and still it haunts me and follows me everywhere I go.

I will not mention names because the men who think they can buy any woman they wish do not even deserve to be named. They are, in my opinion, cockroaches with no self respect or respect for women.
If you ve read my blog for a while, you might have caught a few posts about the same old subject and I wish I could say otherwise but, even after this incredible REVOLUTION, people s mentality towards dancers did not change and it will not change in a few days or months. We re talking about centuries of men (and women, as well) associating Oriental Dancers with prostitution and this mentality still lives on, permeating every step I take.

I was asked by a portuguese journalist if that bothered me, the mentality "thing"!
I answered it doesn t anyone. But it does harm me the fact that I lose important jobs to another "dancers" who don t know how to dance and cannot be, even remotely, compared to me. Yet they accept to be the "meat of the month" and, therefore, are IN for the job while the boss has some fun with her. Then he gets tired, throws her off the trail and gets another ambitious "dancer" who will do just about anything to reach what she considers to be SUCCESS and there it goes in this endless dirty game.

The ones , like me, who refuse to be chosen as meat by these "pashas" are seen as silly and weak. Not strong and honest, NO! Silly and weak.

I struggle and struggle with this ISSUE all along, since I ve arrived to Egypt and still see loads of battles on the way.
Excuse me, dear sirs, but I CHOOSE the MAN I SLEEP WITH. Not you and your pasha friends.
I DO!
Plus, I don t do it for professional interests but for my own pleasure and love.
Is that so hard to get?!

Mental retards are still around and they usually wear the best suits and have their drivers take them to hot spots on the town for dinner in top cars. You would never guess, by their appearances, that they are- indeed -mental retards!

Revolution has arrived to Egypt, thanks God. Now there s an whole mentality to change.
Towards WOMEN, DANCERS and a lot of other issues that keep egyptian society from advancing AND HAVING THE PROSPERITY IT DESERVES.

No comments: