Thursday, March 31, 2011




Cairo, the 31st March, 2011




Just returned from Italy, on my way to Cyprus!



Lord...what a ride!


The world may be changing and turning upside down, the poles are shifting, political revolutions are exploding everywhere and chaos has become part of this crazy world s daily routine and yet here I go, happily ever after, travelling with the flow of events no one can control.


Moving around more than ever, closing some huge windows and opening even bigger ones, feeling the floods, hurricanes and deep transformations inside me. Earth Mother and Mother Jane in full empathy with each other (in case you missed the meaning of this strange expression that just popped off my mind, may I make something clear: I am the "Mother Jane", whatever that means and it may be left to your consideration/imagination).



I just happily returned from a BEAUTIFUL working trip to Merano, Italy and I could not even undo my bag packing because I will head for another business trip in a few days, this time to Cyprus.



It seems that everything is happening so suddenly and fast that my brain cannot follow all the events and huge changes so I may as well smile along and enjoy the ride, wherever that takes me. To start telling a bit about Merano s trip, I have to thank the amazing Simone who organized the events in a record time and treated me like a real sister (not the egyptian "sister", if you know what I mean, but a REAL SISTER)

and all the students who danced with me, learnt from me and also taught me a few pearls, laughed and opened up with me. I am deeply thankful for all your kindness, respect for me and my work and the sweet, tender way all of you had with me.


We had a short time to enjoy each other but, damn!, it was a hell of a time and we made the best of it!

We passed through baladi, modern oriental, saiidi, shaabi, tabla, laughter, the art of pleasure and all it can happen when you fully experience your sensuality and SEXUALITY! This one got us into trouble and lots of fun, you bet.

I was even asked by one of the special women who shared this great time with me:

"Were you born that way?" when mentioning our ability to enjoy LIFE and our own body with all the pleasures both can give us.

It became one of my instant classics and added smiles, giggling and spices to our workshop!

The quality of the people you meet make a trip unforgettable, not the monuments and landscapes. The South Tyrol looks gorgeous to me, all right...but nothing fills my heart more than remembering the great, beautiful women I met there.



Thanks to you all from my heart.

No comments: