Thursday, March 31, 2011

The comment that made me gasp for air! Written and sent by the lovely lady in the photo, striking a pose with me. Her name is Jadranka Trickovic and she asked, in the sweetest way you can imagine, if I had been born "this way"! We were talking about the ability to enjoy our bodies, dance and life with FULL PRESENCE, PASSION and FREEDOM. We mentioned pleasure and enjoying ourselves while we dance. Pure pleasure. Physical. Emotional. Mental and spiritual. The whole package. So I spoke and danced and I was asked "Were you born this way?" and then I laughed some more at this question and I, instantly, loved Jadranka and her direct honesty.










Here is what she wrote to me, putting some tears in my eyes. I usually don t share the messages and comments students and audience from everywhere gently send me but this one is special to me, for many reasons. Hope Jadranka will not mind if I share what she wrote about me. Here it is (still making me blush) :

"Joana is MAGIC.


She taught us so much about dance, music, sensuality, sexuality, feminine power, enjoying ourselves and life in general.


I am so thankful for her workshops.


What a marvellous personality.She fills a room with her light and passion without ever being arrogant or overpresent."












(These words fill my heart with humble joy. Thanks to the beautiful one who felt it and had the kindness to express it to me.)

No comments: