Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"As good as it gets!"

Being a professional Oriental Dancer means building my mind, body, emotional and spiritual re-actions as totally autonomous and only depending on the music and myself.

That's why it has been so wonderful and challenging to dance Tango, attend some milongas (not learning from classes but from dancing with different partners) and see myself progressing, widening my dance/life understanding through the argentinian dance.

Dancing with my favourite Tango partner is another story altogether. It is HEAVEN. It is something I wish every person could experience, at least ONCE in their life time.
As it happens in all genres of dance, there are talented and not so talented people. We all can do it till a certain extent but GENIUS dance is allowed only to a few.

And yeah, GENIUS can be defined by several ways.
My own definition goes through the ability to RE-CREATE the dance, READ the music in a personal, original way, always new and fresh depending on the mood of the moment and SHARE emotions with your partner, besides that SPIRITUAL connection that is so rarely achieved between two tango partners.
Also there are the SILENCES, often forgotten by dancers. How important it is to be able to STOP and enjoy a good, meaningful PAUSE where the imobility says more than a thousand movements?!
Emotion, silences, musicality, technique that you feel like words and not like a dry imposition on your body, etc, etc...the list is endless. When a man and woman can reach this kind of mutual quality in Tango something not short of miraculous happens.
That connection just looks sexy, warm (should I say HOT?! Yes, I should...:), tremendously physical AND spiritual at the same time.

I love my favourite partner for that.
"Fly me to the moon and let me stay among the stars...let me see what Spring is like or Jupiter and Mars..." Indeed he does. And, from the top of my most exaggerated idealism, I want to believe that is TANGO.

No comments: