Wednesday, November 30, 2011








The people we meet on the way...
No doubt about it: what defines the quality of a trip is the people you meet on the way.
Landscapes, monuments and history is great and surely a source of education that no universities can provide yet I find the direct human contact with people from different countries the most enriching experience of all. The royal school, I may say.
If I teach and perform for audiences, other dancers and students then I must stress the fact that they teach me back so much. I ve always been a good student and a wise one because I don´t pretend to know it all. In fact, I teach and perform as someone who knows nothing and therefore, is continuously, searching. Searching should be my middle name.
When I hear smart dancers and friends who really wish me good commenting how I should make myself a little bit of a "diva" to be taken seriously in this business I cannot stop laughing and considering myself a lost case. I don´t know how to sell myself as something I am not.
I am not a diva, although so many people call me that. Not even a star, even if so many other people consider me as one with such tenderness and appreciation.
I am just a person and an ARTIST who continuously strives to GROW. That´s who I am and that state of BEING does not require me to treat others as less than me or to put on the "DIVA character" to impress potencial clients. It is just not who I AM.
During my professional trips in Spain I was lucky to meet incredible and not so incredible people who taught me so much. They may consider me an inspiration and a teacher but I consider THEM likewise.
To see all the images taken in Spain during my tour, please check the album "Spain tour 2011" on my Facebook.
Feel welcome to add yourself to "Joana Saahirah II" and my "Joana Saahirah Fan Page".
Now it´s time for more work. My evasion, pleasure, salvation, blessing, mission in LIFE...
Grateful for all the gifts in the form of beautiful human beings I meet on the ways and also in the form of evil which adds strenght, compassion and understanding to my heart.
It is ALL good. ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL good!

No comments: