Tuesday, November 8, 2011



The best of egyptian hospitality.


Spending the first day of the muslim "Aid" with a friend and her family warmed me from inside. Egyptian hospitality at its best and some quality time at home, lots of food (yammiiii...."mahshy" is my favourite) and love.

This felt like Christmas in my homeland.


The beautiful aunt of my friend made sure that everybody had their plates full of egyptian food and our glasses filled with deep red, sweet "carcade". An empty spot on the plate meant a new dose of "maccarona bechamel", rice with nuts and dried grapes or any other of the many delicacies layed upon the table, cooked with her own hands and heart.

Being received with truly felt smiles, tenderness and generosity is STILL a treat of REAL EGYPTIANS. I guess it is in their nature and what a lovely side of it!


Disliked the skin and blood of killed animals exposed with pride all over the streets of Cairo.Yuck. Plus: savage, savage, savage.

A few more days to go with the "Aid", several shops are closed, lots of people on vacation out of Cairo and me WORKING, WORKING, WORKING. :) Thanks God.

No comments: