Wednesday, November 30, 2011









"Recuerdos" from my Spanish Tour (Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga) and NEW directions...
Just arrived to Portugal after two weeks of tour in Spain, a country which runs in my blood.
One of the best things about being an Artist and a teacher is the luxury to travel and meet new people, places, cultures, mentalities while I work. In fact, I´ve said it plenty of times: an ARTIST is fed by his/her own LIFE. The richer my LIFE is, the richer my artistic work will get. They mirror each other.
From Barcelona, Madrid and Malaga I must admit that my heart goes to Andaluzia (Malaga) for so many reasons but, mostly, because it is the kind of place where a gipsy like me feels "at home".
I can only THANK the empathy, respect, appreciation, love and presence of all the organizers, dancers, students and audiences that made this tour possible. It is just the first of many other tours in Spain, Inshah Allah!
Although 2011 was the worst year of my Life, on so many levels, I must admit the immense BEAUTIES and GIFTS that it also brought me.
Spain reignites the FIRE that is already so alive inside me. Spanish always know how to TASTE and FEEL things to the maximum and I see myself in that character. The spanish side of me (the other side is portuguese and egyptian and indian and egyptian...and...and...and...and...the list would hardly end) rejoiced in every city I taught and-or performed in.
I also learn as much as I teach or more...but that s an ability of the few who have their eyes wide open and an endless curiosity for the WORLD and HUMANITY.
Time is short and there´s a LOT of work on my hands till the end of December so I ask my blog´s followers to forgive any physical absence of my part. I really only have two hands and my day only has 24 hours like the days of eveybody else.
Leaving the promise to dedicate myself with body and soul to updating my blogs (also check portuguese blog: www.joanamagica.blogspot.com where you have available translations to different languages) as soon as I finish my book and return to Egypt where a brand new country and CHALLENGES await me.
Keep updated about my events through the Facebook (feel welcome to join my second profile "Joana Saahirah II") and Youtube for video watching.
Wishing you all a HAPPY Christmas time, no matter what religion you profess, no matter if you don´t profess any religion in particular but believe in the religion of LOVE (like me!).

No comments: