Monday, December 5, 2011



From one of my favourite movies.

Movies become part of our personal favourite´s gallery for different reasons.
At least for me, there are different factors that contribute to elect a movie as one of my favourites.
Nicholas Sparks is not a writer I like. The book that originated the film (both are called "The Notebook") is poor and boring, in my opinion.
How can I explain how the movie based on this book I do not like became an instant classic in my heart?!
Well, I guess I can´t. I may talk about the actors, who are excellent indeed, or the direction of the movie, the straighforward way in which the story is told but I have to admit the truth is beyond and beneath all this.
I get hooked with the true romantic (idealistic, for many of us) idea that you can love and be loved by someone else with such a strenght and depth that this LOVE lasts all your Life.
The idea of finding the "love of your life" is not foreign to me. In fact, it is one of my most cherished illusions which I hope to find out to be true, any day soon.
Here it is the quote that opens the movie and it breaks my heart instantly, with no mercy.
Enjoy the Magic:


"Noah: I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough."

No comments: