Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy with Portugal workshops!



Not even the hard economical crisis lived in my country, Portugal, stopped us from enjoying a weekend full of Dance with the same proportiong of QUALITY ART and FUN. For me, they travel together.

The more I know about Oriental Dance, the more I LOVE it and RESPECT it.
Some of the arabic men I loved predicted many things that never happened:

1. That I would never work and be successful as a professional Oriental Dancer in Cairo simply because I didn´t have the connections, help and prostitution inclination they considered essential for my trade in Egypt.

2. That I would get tired of the hard, several battles that entail living and working as an Oriental Dancer in Cairo on my own, no rich guy protecting and financing me. No one on my back, only angels and God holding hands with me (and they´re quite enough!).

3. That I would start hating Oriental Dance as I went along, finding how dirty the dance environment can be.

None of these predictions came true.
I became, in fact, the most respected and loved Oriental Dancer in Cairo without connections, help or prostituting myself.
I feel exhausted very often from the battles but I recover, with God´s help, and become stronger, wiser and better as an ARTIST and a PERSON as well.
No matter how much dirtiness I see around me in this business (and this is NOT an exclusive of Cairo dance scene) I never stopped growing to love more and more of the REAL DANCE that is inside me and never depended, anyways, from exterior realities.

Performing and teaching in Spain and Portugal are divine pleasures I take as some more lessons hanging from my traveller´s belt. Feeling blessed and Happy for all!

No comments: