Thursday, April 12, 2012



It is interesting to observe...

That most dancers I have the pleasure to teach in workshops around the world as well as in private sessions have a common comment that never ceases to surprise me.
Here´s the thing: When I am dancing, I am not "only" myself. I tryly expand into a state of nothingness that allows me to FEEL everything, except my own vain ego.
Apparently, this - and the fact that I carry Oriental Dance as my body´s natural language - seems to appear to others as something they, kindly, call "FREEDOM".

"You´re totally free when you dance...it´s like you´re flying..." - Are the kinds of sweet comments I hear repeateadly.
It sounds great but it always gets me surprised. Is there any other way to DANCE if not in a state of TOTAL FREEDOM?! Never heard of such thing.
It would be like breathing without inhaling the air.
???

No comments: