Thursday, April 5, 2012




"Women of Egypt blooming Project"





Why was it born and what it is?




As a performer, living and working in Egypt for the last six years, my world has been dominated by men. They are my musicians, technicians, even my assistants (when dancers usually have a woman as "lapissa", the person who assists them and helps them to dress and undress).

The idea to reignite the connection with my own sisters - egyptians and foreigners - was born from yet another conflict between a lady called Bloom and me. Not I am not used to it. Damn, I am! But, this time, I felt that I HAD to do something about it. Women should not be the eternal competitors and enemies of each other. Enough of that crap YES to the possibility of MUTUAL SUPPORT, INSPIRATION and FRIENDSHIP. I know I am heading for one my personal dreams but, hey, I´ve proved that everything is possible to accomplish, against all odds and without selling your soul to the devil so...why not doing IT one more time?!



The project "Women of Egypt Blooming" was born then from this wish to see more and more Women UNITED, with their feats - small and big - recognized, fairly appreciated, more conscious of their own FREEDOM, DIGNITY and STRENGHT.


I aim to EMPOWER Women through another women´s examples, work, messages, insights as well as many of the events I am already organizing for them.


At our PAGE you will find:

*Regular Oriental Dance Workshops- the rebirth of Oriental Dance´s Soul***

by Joana Saahirah...

*Interviews featuring Women I, particularly, admire for their work, stance or any other kind of ACTIVE and POSITIVE participation in the World...


*Cairo Oriental Ladies Night with more special performances, workshops, praticas and much more...


*News about another WOMEN who are making a POSITIVE change in Egypt and the world. To inspire us to be our best selves.




*Quotes, events, messages of Women who are fully ALIVE...to be celebrated, drank from, inspired from...




When Women start loving themselves - and then - another women as the sisters they are, the WORLD will change. This is the conviction that lays beneath the pillars of this blessed Project!


No comments: