Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Joana Saahirah latest video goodies and a pearl for the road*


 
I will apologize yet again to all my blog´s followers (for my poor and less frequent updates) but 2013 is - indeed - a year of more ACTION than words. Aside from that, remember my words (the ones you may miss over here) are being channelled to other priorities (my own BOOK and the BOOKLET of the Course "Secrets of Egyptian Dance").
 
The FOCUS right now is ACTION so follow me through it and be patient until my time and energy allows me - once more - to more frequently update my "diaries of Egypt".:)
 
 
NEXT on the MENU:
 
1. Preparing the courses for LONDON (United Kingdom) this 1,2nd June (will stay in London for an whole week so I am available for PRIVATE LESSONS and SHOW BOOKINGS). Any request should be directed to: dancemagica@gmail.com
 
"Om Kolthoum Treasures" & "The Secrets of Egyptian Dance" (world première) are in the program filled with many life changing materials.
 
2. Excited about upcoming events (festivals in Cyprus and Ukraine are next) and all the challenges, joy and success that I can already pre-view in my path.
The announce of my return to Russia (this November) also added JOY to my already overflowing (love) cup:).
 
 
3. Writing work on hold (but to be concluded this summer, come rain or come shine) as well as a deserved vacation that I am so passionately dreaming about (it´s arriving, girl...it´s arriving...).


 
For now, I will leave you with my latest VIDEO goodies. Enjoy:
 
 
1. My Saiidi improvization in Malaga (Spain). Wearing a gallabeya made from the one my dearest Mahmoud Reda wore in his famous Saiidi "tableau" more than 50 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkdIsmrOt8M&feature=youtu.be


2. A mad improvization with the orchestra "Funun" in Malaga, Spain (notice I had never heard or worked with this orchestra before...talk about jumping off a cliff!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3KC90IpaPw


3. Video presentation of "The Secrets of Egyptian Dance":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyQADbGmTKE&feature=share


4. Video presentation of the Course "Om Kolthoum Treasures" - part I:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9UDXuLaCH0&feature=youtu.be


5. Video presentation of the Course "Om Kolthoum Treasures" - part II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeuWfo1G5cQ&feature=share



 
Pearl for the Road:
 
"For the first time the sun kissed my own naked face and my soul was inflamed with love for the sun, and I wanted my masks no more. And as if in a trance I cried, 'Blessed, blessed are the thieves who stole my masks.' Thus I became a madman."

--from The Madman (1918)

1 comment:

Hazem_Zoom said...

Wow Joana,You know much of our dance and shaows culture!!!

I say this cause you talk about (Mahmoud Reda)and the famous (Fereet Reda) for folkloric arts, I guess that you ofcourse know about (Fareedah Famhi).

& of course thanks for posting links of the videos here.
Another interesting subject,thank you :)