Monday, April 4, 2011

Cairo, the 4th April, 2011 Meeting with the great egyptian composer Omar Khairat! This is the magic of Cairo happening...you never know where Life will take you around here. So...let me make this short just to hit you like it hit me, shock style! Yesterday was a strange, unique rainy day in Cairo. We even listened to thunderbolts and had our city washed from its dust and sins by a persistent and rare rain that poured throughout the day, non-stop. At night, as I was installing a program in my pc at a friend s home in Garden City, someone calls him on the phone. He asks me if I know "Omar Khairat"! Maybe the most famous contemporary egyptian composer...of course, I know him. At least, his name, I do! Well, it was him on the phone. He asked me for us to meet him upstairs. (Ah??? What??? When??? How come??? NOW???) Resume: We ended up the night at Omar Khairat s home, drinking, laughing, cracking jokes and discussing music and politics! Now...how is this possible?! Well, I don t know. It just IS. Omar Khairat is a friend and neighbour of my own friend and, somehow, we ended up having a blast together at his home. No why, how come or any other kind of explanations. This is CAIRO! And it s all said.

No comments: