Friday, April 29, 2011


Moving people´s minds/hearts/senses and all...
This is the goal of ART and, no doubt, the main target of ORIENTAL DANCE.
Yesterday I danced in public like fish out of the water. It became so damned hard to perform without the quality of my orchestra on my back but I KNEW this would be one more humbling challenge for me and I finally understood why it was so.
Even if I felt unconfortable and cold (like dancing under the coldest rain) without my egyptian musicians backing me up, I still managed to reach the CORE of this Art.
Without honest feeling, freedom, creativity and REAL SOUL Oriental Dance becomes empty, boring and mechanic. Quite like an aerobic class with arabic music. No good!
So...it´s only HUMANITY that brings out HUMANITY from your audiences. Dancing on cd, on live orchestra, on the rain (as cold as it can get!) or in the middle of the most absolute silence...it´s the heart and what it pours from it that will grab your audience and brings them close to you by the recognition of an old, often invisible TRUTH. We are made of LOVE!
When this truth is recognized by your audience through your dance, then a MIRACLE, a ray of LIGHT appears and then I know my job is DONE.

No comments: