Wednesday, February 8, 2012






My favourite *** THING in the first Cairo "Oriental Ladies Night"!!!





The WORLD never stops expanding when you´re willing to spread your wings and DO new things with FULL dedication and LOVE. Brains and heart. Responsability and passion.


I am used to the high risk flights. Always jumped into the Unknown with the internal assurance that God and the Angels were ever present on the fall and the landing. I wish to dance during the falls and be surprised on the strange places I face during the landing.





An adventurer at heart, I fear mediocrity and coward attitudes more than the guts to enter non-explored places. It must be my ancient Portuguese genes that give me this kick for DISCOVERY, TRAVELLING and ADVENTURE. I would be Cristovão Colombo, if I could.





By, faithfully, following my genes, I end up going out of my comfort zone as a way of LIVING.


Organizing an EVENT exclusively DEDICATED to the WOMEN of EGYPT (egyptians, arabs, foreigners, ALL ONE) was one more step into my ever growing need to FLY higher and higher.





What I most LOVED during this NIGHT was the CONNECTION, emotional-physical-psychological-creative, between all the women. There were spanish, argentinian, chinese, egyptian, sudanese, japanese, english, american ladies out there and they ALL came TOGETHER through DANCE sharing lovely, sincere SMILES, FUN, MOVEMENT that came from the heart, FEELINGS, NEEDS to express themselves and so much more not fitting into words.
Eyes met, hands were held, hips were balanced in one single stroke, hair was put down with no fear of critical eyes, FREEDOM to be sensual, happy and PROUD to be a WOMAN was experienced between egyptian BEAUTIFUL ladies and foreigners as well.
I thought to myself: "Oh my God! How gorgeous are these women...and how much they crave for this FREE expression of their bodies and souls!!!"
It was mesmerizing to watch, to LIVE.

"My cup runneth over", as I say so often. ´Cause it did. It does, constantly.


It only confirms that you receive back what you GIVE to the WORLD.





Right now, I am already planning the


2nd EDITION of the CAIRO ORIENTAL LADIES NIGHT with more surprises, activities and reasons to CELEBRATE.


Watching how Oriental Dance, so negatively portraied in Egypt, can affect WOMEN in such a POSITIVE, HEALTHY way is also a PLUS on the rewards of getting out of my comfort zone.





Thanking, in loving silence, all the LADIES PRESENT at the first night. You gave me FAITH and extra STRENGHT to go on with the project and make it GROW. It could only be possible WITH YOU.


Cairo has seen nothing yet...;)))

2 comments:

Filomena Nunes said...

Que delícia!!

Tu própria sintetizaste o que eu queria aqui comentar:

"It only confirms that you receive back what you GIVE to the WORLD."

Força para continuar e um Coração Grande para tudo abarcar...

Um abraço d'Almas <3

Filó

Joana Saahirah of Cairo said...

Oh, yeah!
Always GIVING what I wish to RECEIVE.
Obrigada, Filomena.
Love and Passion from Cairo, from the WORLD.
J.