Wednesday, February 8, 2012





(My own) Hierarchies and order...






Dancing and living in a country where social stigmas and power/money hierarchies are so damned unfair and impossible - for me! - to accept, I have to admit to have fallen in some deep diplomatic mistakes in the past. I may also add I plan on falling into many other future diplomatic mistakes as I refuse to bow to the false royalty of MONEY, the only REAL POWER rulling Egypt and, should we admit, nowadays world.


Not only I refuse to kiss the ass ("pardon my french!") of potential rich clients of my shows as I never pretend to like people I actually don´t like for professional or personal advantages.


Being in a profession and a country in which social connections are the MOST IMPORTANT thing to take care of, I admit I am my own worst enemy but have no intention to change it. No word, action or intention come out of me without full sincerity, no matter who I am dealing with. If I like, I LIKE. If I don´t like, I DON´T like. Strangely enough, my words and actions are a translucid reflection of my thoughts and intentions and THAT can be a HUGE social suicide in Cairo´s "artistic" environment.

When found in any given social occasion, here is my savage hierarchy according to which I will greet and pay attention to the present crowd:

1. First of all, I will greet with delicate and total attention any animals present in the room (that includes the mainstream cats & dogs but also birds, turtles or any other wild animals with exception to the snakes whom I despise and can easily be found between humans);

2. Children. Oh, yeah...After animals, come children in the IMPORTANCE hierarchy of my LIFE.

3. Adults. Starting from friends to people I know around. As I have a terrible memory for faces, I often forget people I met once or twice and, surely, I am taken as an arrogant bitch who thinks too much of herself. That´s life!

4. If there is someone I just don´t like for any particular reason, I ignore them. Pure and simple.

The value I attribute to reality surely does not fit into this society´s interests. No tiger or small boy will bring me social, professional, networking benefits but they are the ones my SOUL chooses to bow to.

I respect purity of heart, first.

Then, purity of mind.

Intelligence, kindness, emotional maturity, honesty, character, simplicity with no "bullshit" empty talk, TRUTH, COURAGE, TALENT with ETHICS and so on.

This list does not and will not - EVER - include "good connected person", "rich guy", "prospective job opportunity or carreer chance" and so on.

I am a marginal, an outcast. And a proud one.



Not against hierarchies as I accept everyone has the right to their own ignorance. Not against something. I am PRO-MYSELF. And, if MYSELF, FEELS that playing with a dog on the floor is more important that making small talk with a saudi arabian "sheik" who wants to meet me for God knows what, then that´s what I will do. No regrets, no excuses, no "I´m sorry".




Why, oh why, am I my worst enemy in so many things? Why was I born with such a tendency for self-respect and DIGNITY? Oh, why?!:)))

No comments: