Monday, February 6, 2012



Our first "Oriental Ladies Night" was a SUCCESS!!!


Ahhhh...I am out of words (strange phenomenon that speaks for itself).


Yesterday night I experienced something NEW.


I didn ´t perform or dressed the Artist´s suit. I was not Joana, the Artist or Joana, the Teacher.


I was simply JOANA, sharing ORIENTAL DANCE with other women (most of them egyptian but also some foreigners) in a relaxed, unpretentious, fun, truthful and LOVING way.


My goal in this first event was to gather WOMEN through Oriental music and dance, creating a venue where they could learn from each other, have fun without the desire to please men or anyone else. A time for THEM. For me also.


I was not surprised to observe how WOMEN crave an emotional contact with other Women and how Oriental Dance provides them with the opportunity to do it, even without them noticing it.


I improvised, not as an Artist, but as a fellow woman just having a great time in an intimate venue where we are all ONE.


Words are not coming easy to me today...hope the experience will sink in and I can tell you more about it.


What remains, right now, is a BIG THANK you to all the lovely LADIES that were present in this special night (with their bodies, smiles, heart and soul) and the friends (female and male) that made it all possible.


A SPECIAL*** Thank you to Yasmine and Yasser, the two pillars of the whole IDEA and EVENT.


My appreciation and LOVE goes to you.:)))



2 comments:

Mônica Mahasin said...

Linda iniciativa! Parabéns!!

Joana Saahirah of Cairo said...

Agradecida, Monica!
É tudo feito com um IMENSO AMOR e FÉ.
J.