Friday, March 12, 2010



Cairo, the 12th March, 2010

Letter to Herr Hitler

I visited Ghandi's residence in Mumbai and there you can find correspondence between the Mahatma and several world major figures of that time.
Einstein himself praised Ghandi in such beautiful and truthful words by affirming that no one with such human greatness had ever walked on this earth.

Between the many letters I observed, this one directed to Herr Hitler caught my attention. Ghandi was asking - in a curious apologetic term - for Hitler to stop the Holocaust.

There's also another note about women that I thought it would be worth to show you.
Up on a wall of his residence's bibliotheque there was an inscription that I will never forget:

LIFE IS GREATER THAN ART.

For an artist like me, this phrase tickles me off a bit, of course. But, yet again, I can recognize its accuracy.

Reading the contents and tone of the letter Ghandi sent to Hitler makes me think, once more, that humbleness is the throne of the GREAT SOULS.

No comments: