Friday, March 12, 2010


Cairo, the 12th March, 2010

Precious moments

You grow to love a country for many reasons but, for me, on the bottom of the pyramid there is the PEOPLE.
What makes a treap unforgettable is not the beauty of the monuments or even its history-culture. I fall in love with the PEOPLE.

The gentleman on this photo represents one of the highest points of my treap and also one of the simplest.

As I waited for some travelling pals, I sat at a street coffee-shop and started to chat with one of the employees and the cook.
I was served the best masala tea I ever had and the conversation was warm, heartfelt and able to build a bridge between me, the foreigner, and them (the locals). Our worlds melt into each other and we totally understood each other, respected and valued our differences (even learning from it).

Those were, probably, the most interesting 10 minutes of my treap.
As we talked, I observed the people passing by, talking to each other, interacting in their own special way. I saw LIFE happening in front my eyes, so distant from the touristic stuff you're prone to see.

The simple things are the best and only other human beings can teach you what's really worth knowing.

No comments: