Sunday, March 21, 2010


Cairo, the 22th March, 2010

India treap ... an attempt to remember what cannot be forgotten


My treap to India was a challenge one of my best friends made to me.
You cannot understand the meaning of a real friend like this if you don't know what love is all about as well as sharing, faith in each other and a complete generosity towards the other which allows you to always wish your friend the best and never, ever envy her. This is the kind of friend I am talking about.
My friend also happens to be an indian.


Curiously enough, my best friends have always been foreigners or original people who are from everywhere ( a bit like me, the eternal gipsy)...
There's something magical about the Other, the Stranger, the One you cannot fully understand, the unfamiliar and, through his strangeness towards your world, the one who can teach you so much and challenge your prejudices.
I like that.

So this treap was a love project from the beginning.
I am totally immersed in my career, exhausted and happy. Running in this stress oriented routine full of TO-DO lists and achievements was not the best set to think about travelling to India for almost 3 weeks.

My friend pushed me to travel inside this dream and, without thinking much, I said YES.


I have faith in her and we had already travelled together to Mexico only to have one of the best times of my life, so far...


I didn't know the itinerary or what we would see (I knew this on my first day in Mumbai). I only knew when I was leaving and returning. That was more than enough.
I was aware that I needed to get away from my own complex East-West world but I would have never thought about travelling so far for a tiring treap to India if not dragged by someone I love so much.
Not in my wildest imagination I could conceive what a marvellous treap this would be.
I travelled like a blank paper sheet.
No expectations, no maps or touristic guides, no idea where I was going except that I was heading to INDIA.

At the end, I can conclude - with no surprise if we account for so many travellers who have visited and even moved to India after getting caught in its magic - that this was the most important treap of my life, until today.
No other journey has showed me so much of what' s REALLY important (I am a bit hindu in the way I constantly seek the Truth), no other journey has shown me so much beauty (both internal and external) and no other journey has forced me to be in touch with myself and know what needs to be healed, expanded and shared with the world.

I thank God/Universe for this incredible gift and ask for a fast return to India.
In some of the next posts you will find an attempt to describe this journey. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did living it.

No comments: