Monday, March 29, 2010


Cairo, the 29th March, 2010

Dancing to my own music!

What a marvellous sensation it is to dance to my own music.
Music that was composed for me by people I deeply respect and cherish.
This is a gift.

Allas...I have danced - on stage - my new entrance music (called JOANA AROUND THE WORLD and composed by the wonderful egyptian composer Hossam Shaker) and my brand new SAIIDI composed by another great egyptian master.

I dance and sing a bit on the new Joana Saiidi theme and have a blast adapting the original entrance song to the stage, experimenting different things with my musicians, dancing it along with the genius tabla player MARADONA (whom I love to the limits of madness!).
Oooooooohhhhhhhhh Lord! This has been such a demanding, fascinating ride...

I am exhausted and on FIRE!

May God protect us from all Evil and follow our steps into even greater dimensions.

No comments: