Wednesday, March 24, 2010


Cairo, the 24th March, 2010


More pearls of Wisdom - TAKE II


POEM OF NHAT HANH

I am a mayfly metamorphosing
on the surface of the river.
And I am the bird that swoops
down to swallow the mayfly...
I am the child in Uganda,
all skin and bones, my legs as
thin as bomb sticks.
And I am the arms merchant.
selling deadly weapons to
Uganda. I am the 12 year-old
girl, refugee on a small boat,
who throws herself into the
ocean after being raped by a
sea pirate. And I am the pirate,
my heart not yet capable of
seeing and loving...Please call
me by my true names, so I can
hear all my cries and laughter
at once, so I can see that my
joy and pain are one. Please
call me by my true names,
so I can wake up and the
door of my heart could be
left open, the door of compassion.

No comments: