Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Isadora Duncan 54'



Education for Dancers.  A MUST.
Oriental Dance is not less demanding than any other style of Dance. Therefore, I strongest belief that DANCERS should educate themselves about ALL other Art forms is stronger every day.
Isadora Duncan, the so called Mother of Modern Dance defended a lot of principles that directly apply to Oriental Dance.
"I have danced nothing but my own life" is one of her famous quotes and it curiously meets what I ve been practicing in my work as a performer and teacher. Empty movements performed just for the eye´s pleasure are better suited for Circus acrobats. As far as I know, Dancers should be able to SPEAK with their movements, filling them with meaning, juice, REAL FEELINGS and SENSATIONS, the use of emotional memory so common to Actors and so forth. A DANCER ´s movements should never be empty but FULL of LIFE. The DANCER´S LIFE.

Never stop learning, never stop locating yourself in the wise position of the student. Never stop getting a little shy when others call you Master because we´re nothing but eternal beginners in this Art of DANCE/LIFE!!!

No comments: