Saturday, March 24, 2012



Small precious pleasures on the dance floor...






The most delicious pleasures tend to be hidden, unsuspected, unexpected and subtle.


As a detail lover myself, I find the greatest pleasure in apparently small events that fill my heart with so must joy it must overflow.


"My cup runneth over" is a sentence that, thanks God, applies to my Life on a constant basis.

The good side of being a sensitive person resides in this ability to wonder, marvel and feel happiness from many, many events I experience.


The dance floor/stage is one of those places where my cup always overflows with miracles, little and huge reasons to breath and a touch of Eternity that is ever present in Dance.


When my eyes meet someone´s eyes in the audience and, for an instant, we connect on a deep level with no words, movements or any specific intentions.


When, in the space of a show, I can change people´s perception about Dance and Dancers and see that change in their faces. From the state of expecting a streap-teaser to the point of discovering an ARTIST goes a long, disturbed way but I often reach it with my audiences.


When my musicians are, particularly, inspired and in the mood for work. In those occasions, I feel the music pulling me up towards the sky and we become ONE single unit, talking with each other through music and dance, appreciating each other´s talent.


When an egyptian lady comes to me after a show and hugs me with tears in her eyes. Enough said.


When children get caught up with my dance in such a transe that they stop playing around, laughing and become bewitched by what they are experiencing. More wonderful even is when one of these children insists on kissing me after the show and whisper in my ear:

"I want to be a dancer too."


When my body is exhausted and, perhaps, most vulnerable than ever and STILL I find my inner strenght to go on, search for new ways of expressing myself and feel the audience´s feed-back while I am searching.


When I pause in the middle of a song and all I can listen to is the SILENCE within me. Eyes closed, heart jumping in a very private party and the audience right there, in front of me, loving my SILENCE.


When I exchange private jokes and silly laughs with my musicians. Only we know what´s going on in our own private mafia club.


When my musicians jump in a second to protect me every time my safety is at risk.


When I realize this is not only DANCING I am doing on that stage. It is my Dream, my Life, my Love, my most precious addiction, the Passion that was born within me and that, by force of fate and will power, I turned into a Career of which I am deeply proud of.


No comments: