Thursday, March 15, 2012





Straight to the POINT.




Performing in Egypt does not assure you TALENT or a PERSONALITY. It can, certainly, teach you a lot and show you of which material you are made of but it cannot make you a DANCER if you were not born a DANCER.

The Learning curves do not stop. When you presume you got IT, something comes off to push you back down, assuring you how little you know. The only CONSTANT conviction I carry while performing in Cairo with my orchestra is the SOUL factor of Oriental Dance.

It doesn´t matter how much technique or smart tricks you carry up your sleeve. If you don´t deliver a SOULFUL dance that can MOVE your audiences from the inside-out, then you will fail on the long term.


Finding the LANGUAGE of the SOUL that unites all Human Beings seems to be the answer for me. It goes beyond all the goodies my wonderful teachers (official and unofficial) taught me. It goes higher and wider than the spectrum of commercial clones I see today in the Oriental Dance business world wide.






MOVE ME, seems to be what audiences want from you. Even when they don´t know it yet, just expecting a cute girl ondulating her body. On that journey to a DANCE with no name or nationality I take GREAT PLEASURE...

No comments: