Sunday, March 18, 2012





Of Books and other delights/struggles.






Since I started working on my own book, my reading habits have been changed, slowed down and limited to subjects that may complement some research I do to complement what I am writing.



My own BOOK is not about theory or History of Oriental Dance, although it has a bit of that - and many other things - in it. I said to myself, eight years ago, that I would leave my homeland, make an Oriental Dance career in Egypt and, from that experience, write a BOOK about what it entails to be a DANCER and a WOMAN in this Middle Eastern world and...allas...in the wider space of the rare FREE people´s existence.


No one believed I would do it. That is, no one except me. The end of a cycle comes with the writing of this BOOK that brought me, in the first place, to Egypt. Nothing went like I imagined, except the LOVING receptivity of egyptian audiences. It is with great pride, responsability and passion that I have been working - on and off, due to other professional duties and constant traveling - on this TREASURE of mine for almost an year and there is still a LONG way to go but I am making sure that the final result makes me proud and makes justice to the TRUTH and the WAY ORIENTAL DANCE really is, according to my own personal and professional experience.

It has been such a difficult, ghost polluted ride...


Meanwhile, only "Oprah Magazine" and "Vanity Fair" reach my eyes on a constant base, as well as the Notes of Isadora Duncan - the so called "Mother of Modern Dance" - and the Notes of the greatest Classical Ballet dancer of all times : Nijinsky.

Both inspiring me, connecting with me, making me fall in love with DANCE and ART more than ever.




I am a person of many LOVES and interests. An eager, child like curious mind, an energetic and passionate body which craves for LIFE and a heart that cannot beat without constant emotions that stir its fireplace righ there in the middle of my chest. Yet DANCE seems to confirm itself as my first and MAJOR LOVE. Again and again, it confirms itself as the motor of my legs and the reason to feel excited about LIFE.






This love is here to stay.:)



No comments: