Wednesday, March 21, 2012



What REALLY happens when I dance.






What do you feel when you´re dancing is a frequent question delivered to me by other dancers and students.



The answer is as lovely as the mysteries that turn daily times into EXTRAORDINARY instants of Eternity.






I believe each person is specially sensitive to specific things, feelings, stimulation. For me, it has always been MUSIC. My mum tells what a devil I was in my childhood. She also tells how I never crawled like normal babies. I would bounce on my legs and clean the floors with it until one day, with no previous announcement, I started to wallk by myself and dance to any music.






My first memories of childhood are enriched with sounds I registered: television adds, my mum and grandmum´s voices, church bells at our family´s Alentejo village and so on...



As I started moving, all my body would react to sounds as if pushed by an invisible force that just could not let me go.






I was possessed by MUSIC. I still am, God bless all Souls...






When I listen to music, I drink it first. Get drunk with it until I see nothing and no one, not even myself and the ego that goes with it.



Then I feel each note, beat, silence as if my favourite LOVER was touching my body. Sometimes, the strokes are harsh and passionate, some times they are soft and delicate. But they are always passionate and full of LOVE.



This is how I feel music and react to it: on a total physical & spiritual way and, at the same time, with a SENSUAL base to it.






Making love with the music should be the term to use here. So I just did.



I make love with music while I am dancing. Not mechanical, soul empty, cold love making but the kind that makes your heart explode, your soul stirr and purr in pleasures no words can ever describe.



So now you know what I feel when I am dancing.

No comments: