Sunday, March 4, 2012






It still astonishes me when I listen to people making negative comments about Dance, specially Oriental Dance. It doesn´t hurt my feelings anymore, I´ve gone beyond it after getting so much of the whole thing dark side. It just surprises me, no matter how many times I listen to egyptians, arabs or westerners regarding DANCE as less than an ART.






If Humanity does not undertand and accept itself, DANCE cannot be understood and accepted as it is the purest expression of all that we are as HUMAN BEINGS.



IF sensuality, freedom, intuiton, love and passion are aliens to us, then DANCE must be alien as well. It all comes down to people BEING, finally, HUMAN BEINGS. It doesn´t happen often...









Dance is, for me, the highest expression of Human TOTALITY.



An ART form that doesn t depend on words, tools or any other instruments except for the HUMAN BODY, the HUMAN HEART and the HUMAN SOUL. It is the ART of No MIND, pure meditation, closest to GOD than any so called Religion I know about.






No wonder I still get surprised, not shocked anymore...once I listen "all dancers are prostitutes", "dance is a cheap form of seduction" or, the cherry on the top of the cake: "ORIENTAL dance is a bunch of sexy poses to seduce men". I can laugh at all this right now. As I laugh at other people´s ignorances as well as mine.

No comments: