Friday, March 30, 2012

Teaching Oriental Dance to the beautiful Egyptian Women! Why?




The 2nd CAIRO ORIENTAL DANCE WORKSHOP is arriving (on the 6th April, Friday, at Dansation school)...with this EVENT comes the question: Why would I teach Egyptian Oriental Dance to Egyptian Women?

The answer arrives in different forms. Firstly, I follow my instinct, always. If I feel a new challenge is calling my Soul, I jump on it, even if it´s new and out of my comfort zone (specially***if it´s NEW and OUT of my COMFORT ZONE. Ah!).
I am mostly, a performer who enjoys dancing on stage with my egyptian orchestra. In or outside of Egypt. I also love teaching in special Festivals where most of the students are already advanced dancers or professionals. It never occured to me to offer courses of Egyptian Dance to Egyptian Women who, according to local mentality, know how to do it by heart.
Then there was the 1st Oriental Ladies Night which I organized by suggestion and a REALLY strong push of some wonderful male friends. I was Surprised at the end of the night. Never imagined Egyptian Women would be so sweet, creative, thirsty of RE-DISCOVERING their own DANCE not as a low seductive dance most use to please their husbands (or whatever;) but as an ANCIENT ART FORM THAT SERVES ONE´S SOUL.


The requests for classes started to flow and scared me at first. "I am not cut out for this," I thought at first. But then I listened to my heart and remembered how SPECIAL it was to share my Dance and way of FEELING it with these incredible ladies.


The main reason to start this new ADVENTURE (aside from my live shows) came from the clear KNOWLEDGE that EGYPTIAN DANCE MUST be reborn in the world, from its roots (Egypt) to its leaves, flowers and fruits (the rest of the World). If Egyptian Dance, as an ART FORM with DIVINE origins, dies in its birthplace, the source from which all Oriental Dancers drink will die with it.
It is my deepest belief that Oriental Dance must be taught to Egyptian Women as it REALLY is (and was, once...): a SACRED DANCE that will EMPOWER them, give them back their own CREATIVITY, SENSIBILITY, COURAGE, STRENGHT, IDENTITY, SELF-LOVE and FREEDOM. It is no coincidence that Oriental Dance is trated - in Egypt - as a cheap way of prostitution. The main reason for that lays on this Dance ´s potential for WOMEN´S TRANSFORMATION and GROWTH.


Once you remind EGYPTIAN WOMEN about their DANCE (as a creative ART, not as a streap-tease flick for men), they LEARN about who they are and what it means to be WHOLE, demanding RESPECT for themselves. This is nothing short of REVOLUTIONARY...
In times of multiple darkness, I am passionately willing to light more and more candles.
Join us, BEAUTIFUL WOMEN of this EGYPT (the TRUE Egypt) we all live in and LOVE so much!
***2nd CAIRO ORIENTAL DANCE WORKSHOP in "Dansation"
On the 6th April (Friday), from 6pm till 9pm
3 hours of soulful ORIENTAL DANCE....


More infos at:
www.joanabellydance.blogspot.com
& Dansation (6, El Gazaer Str., behind "Atlas hotel", Mohandessin)
Contacts:
02 330 48247
0100 0850153

No comments: