Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The real reason/purpose of my Journey*


I often ask dancers I teach around the world: WHY do you dance?
I´m also a fan of  "why not" on a daily level. They ask me: why do you go/do/dare? I answer: why not?

Most of us move along with the tide without any direction or purpose in life - no wonder that dancers so rarely know why they move, perform, teach, desire, dream.


My Purpose has always been clear, thanks God, and it becomes clearer and clearer as my career grows and the extension of my work widens and reaches corners of the world I didn´t even dream of reaching.

EMPOWERING myself and others on the way is, I believe, the BASIC reason for everything I do: the performing, the teaching, the writing, the choreographing, the lecturing, the BREATHING. Using Oriental Dance - and the opportunities it offers me - to remind other people of their unique potential and ability to BE and DO whatever they dream of.

Sitting by sea at the spanish maritime coast (Malaga), listening to the waves singing and watching the sun going down, dancing slowly into darkness, it dawned on me: YES, that is IT*: I use Oriental Dance to EMPOWER other people, especially women. By doing that, I empower myself.

Feeling honoured, humbled and grateful for everything (the success, the loss, the joy and the sadness, the victories and the mountain climbing - all make me who I am).

Love thyself - I know I do (doing it*)

No comments: