Saturday, September 10, 2011




The DESTINY of an ARTIST!


O.k, now...there is too much going on at the same time to keep up with these two blog s updating (I write another blog in my mother language, portuguese) so I m gonna have to say "buy buy" once again because my head will, eventually, explode if I try to handle all the threads of my endless multitasking life at the same time.


*Still working on the writing of my own book (it s far more difficult and fascination than I thought it would be...I m so damned scared of it that I presume it s gonna end up great!).



*Preparing my new shows for Cairo which have been delayed by many factors such as my constant traveling and political situation in Egypt which has immensely reduced all kinds of activity (artistic included!).

Choosing the best musicians, a new repertoire that takes me further and higher on my artistic growth and dealing with a new venue where I will make sure I will not be sexually harassed by my own boss is not for sissies or incompetents.

It s for VERY few brave - and patient! - ones and I try hard to deserve to be one of them.


*Finishing the preparation of my new OM KOLHTOUM WORKSHOP to share in Italy, this October. Although it is a subject I know quite a lot about (simply cause I m totally passionate about Om Kolthoum and I have been performing her songs every night for the last 5 years in Cairo), I still feel there s so much to learn and many other layers of depth I can explore.


*So much more to come...never giving up of my dreams!


No comments: