Saturday, September 10, 2011

Photo by: Denise Marino
www.denisemarinophotos.com



"A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path."

Anonymous

Denise Marino has made such a GREAT job photographing me at
Miami Belly Dance convention.
I tell you that...it is NOT easy to photograph me while performing on stage because I forget the world and everybody in it, besides having a totally umpredictable style of dancing so no one ever knows what I ll do next.
Getting great photos of me on a location where I am posing - NOT dancing- is very easy because I love being photographed and I know how each image will be captured by a camera. We have, in fact, (me and the camera) a very warm, empathic relationship going on but the same does not apply to the stage.

I am also not a vanity dancer who wishes to be seen in a certain way by her audiences. I don t care so much about the visual part of it all, while on stage. I DO care about REACHING my audiences on an emotional/spiritual level. I just want to lose my breath while dancing and taking my audience s breath away. You don t do that by posing and trying to be pretty for the camera while on stage.

I congratulate Denise for her obvious talent and sensibility. She caught me in a very special moment, in this photo.
My head is abandoned in pure pleasure and ecstasy, my face is traveling somewhere close to God and my hands point towards inside myself.
Nothing could describe my dancing better than this.
My gratitude to Denise for her talent and special "eye"!

No comments: