Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Nagwa Fouad: 'Enta Omri'



All right, straight to the point: Normally, I would not post a Nagwa Fouad video because she s very far from being one of my favourite Oriental Dancers.
Dislike the movements and the whole lack of technical harmony BUT (and here s a HUGE "But") I just LOVE Nagwa s feeling and interpretation of the music in this particular video.

Don t mention the dress of the singer who looks like Disney s "Snow White" during a nightmare BUT (here we go again with the "BUT") what we see in terms of expression, honesty and raw presence is the REAL thing as far as Dancing is concerned (and notice I use the Dancing word with a capital "D").

Curious, true story:
Some years ago, I studied with Nagwa Fouad in a dance Festival and she sent her assistant to get me (almost lost in the middle of hundreds of students) because she wanted to take some pictures with me ("What???Why?!" - I thought, at that time).

I went Nagwa Fouad s way feeling extremely shy and she held me and told me :
"You are a great dancer" (well, did I blush??!!! I SOOOOOOO much did...).
We took some photos and I ran away from the place feeling very honoured and touched by her generous attitude and not knowing what to do next.
Well, LIFE has been aswering my questions so far...

Thank you, Madame Nagwa Fouad (beautiful heart, indeed!).

No comments: