Friday, September 9, 2011



The perks and the stuff on the "To Do" list!

Well, the perks about the Miami Bellydance Convention are quite obvious, if you consider how much I love what I do.
The tenderness and appreciation for my work (from organization of the event, fellow dancers and teachers, students and performance s audiences), the fact that I am so proud to share the Art I always adored and lived inside me, the meeting of new people and even the simple flight over the grand Atlantic Ocean.


On the "to do" list is everything I didn t have time to do this time:
Swimming with Miami dolphins and going to a Salsa disco full of warm, fun, incredible cuban dancers are on the top of my list. Just laying on a Miami beach piece of sand...hell, yeah!
That would be so nice.
Having more time to just "feel" the place and its people, know a bit more about it and enjoy knowing another fellow dancers as well.

Yet, because life doesn t stop, here I am already on the move, reorganizing my agenda and goals in Cairo and dealing with the same old question: how can I do my work in Cairo in peace with no mental retarded boss sexually harassing me?! This is a deal breaker for me, as it was many times until now, and it s still a non-negotiable one.

Having managed to perform as an independent dancer for 5 years in Cairo, dealing with musicians and clients all by myself, without any helping hand and many crocodiles trying to cut my legs has not been easy...having sucess as a dancer around here without any rich guy promoting me in exchange for sex or marriage (which is, in many cases, just legalized prostitution) has been nothing but a miracle but, thanks God, I ve been managing it the best I can.

Now it s a time for BIGGER STEPS. An artist should grow in every possible way and I am no exception.
Wait for the BIG, GREAT NEWS!!!!!!


P.S. Big kiss to Nathalie, organizer of the Miami BellyDance Convention, for her fierce working ability, her faith in herself and professionalism.

Sending a bit of my heart to you, gorgeous!

No comments: