Sunday, September 18, 2011

I like it...'cause I do.

No one really has to explain why they like some stuff that other people find irrelevant or even horrible.Tastes, like Love, are too personal and do not follow logical rules everyone can understand and agree with.

I like to take my breakfast early in the morning (when I am not performing, writing or partying throughout the night) at my favourite cafe in Zamalek, where I live. Cappuccino at one side, a great book or my Oprah magazine at the other side...such a simple pleasure that brings me enormous joy!

I like smelling the cupcake store zone, just for the kick all the sugary aroma produces in my body.

I like to drink my "mocca cafe" while riding on a Cairo taxi, heading to some happy place.

I like to smile at old people and children and feel in heaven when they smile back at me.

I like to feel my musician s protective arms when we re performing at some crazy wedding and people are getting out of hand.

I like to feel the sun on my skin after a long day of beach (salt on skin WITH the sun is essencial).

I like to breath slowly and deeply. All the time.

I like to sing. In the car, in the shower, everywhere.

I like the simple feeling of liking and discovering that it can be multiplied when I focus on it. Pleasures multiply themselves when we give them the proper attention.



No comments: