Friday, September 30, 2011

Thanks to Maria Aya for posting this wonderful quote on the Facebook.


Although I assume myself as more of a performer than a teacher, everything I do (including teaching) must be filled with TOTAL generosity and my FULL presence. If I am not able to give it ALL, then I simply won t do it.
Sure it is exhausting to give your everything at all times but I guess this is just the way I m built and that explains why I often need silence and time with myself, just to recuperate the incredible amount of energy applied on everything I do.

When teaching, I deliver everything I know to my students. I dont keep any detail or precious knowledge to myself, as many teachers do, because I assume the task of TEACHING and this is an INICIATIC job for me.
I don t train clones of myself but I deliver all the tools I know - learnt from other teachers, from my own intuition and constant research, from the stages I ve stepped on, from my musicians, from LIFE itself - in order for them to DISCOVER who they are and comunicate it through their dance.


Teaching Oriental Dance, in particular, it a job of a magician who practices alchemy in himself/herself and others. Through the dance material (and all the sided goodies that go with it) I wish to WAKE UP my students to their own treasures and unique sensibilities, their particular strenghts and vulnerable spots which can be used in their favour, both in dance as in LIFE.


By transmitting all I have and know to other dancers and pushing them to be more of THEMSELVES and less of me, I am not robbed of my own talents that make me UNIQUE. Curiously, I often feel that those talents are amplified and multiplied once I share ALL I have with my students.

Teaching is the ultimate job a dancer too...and that s the main reason why I never accepted the idea of having my own school. I m still too young, too fresh for it. There s still so much stages to cover in this life time...only when I cannot perform on stage anymore I will consider having my own school which could be the NIRVANA, the final ORGASM of my career where all my experience, life and knowledge would end up like a little river growing up and falling into the big OCEAN.

Teaching is not for selfish, insecure people who are too afraid to give away what they think they "own" and even in this point I disagree with those because I know I don t own anything.

What I learnt so far and the talent I may have are borrowed from God and are not my property to hold on to. I m just an instrument for God s inspirations and I use that instrumento with LOVE.
There s no other way to do IT.

No comments: