Wednesday, September 21, 2011







Today I woke up in a "New York state of mind" and it didn t help that some very wonderful posts were shared on the Facebook with music that I clearly associate with this city: Miles Davis and Billie Holiday, two of my constant musical companions.



Yet, when I say "New York" state of mind, I could also say Paris (still hanging from last Woody Allen s movie "Midnight in Paris") or any other city which has that undescribable tone of romance, excitement, nostalgia and Autumn leaves falling from bright orange trees...



Today, may I be in Cairo doing all I have to do, but my mind chooses to be on Broadway or by the Champ Elyseés, in a rainy day during which I ll be able to take a warm cup of tea in some bistro while people pass by as if they were dancing.



My mind decides it and, because it does, that s how it should be.

No comments: