Thursday, October 27, 2011





Chaos in my (creative) village.





Friedrich Nietzche said that it takes chaos to give birth to a star.


If that s so, then I am giving birth to an endless night of stars which can be seen from any place on earth without any astronomical device.


Reading "Just Kids" by Patti Smith, "Harriette Wilson's Memoirs - The greatest courtesan of her age" in english and also a latin american book that tells the story of a very special boy called Julius ("Un mundo para Julius", by Alfredo Bryce Echenique). Reading this last one in
spanish is a huge pleasure to me, kind of a "home return" feeling...warm and cozy.


What kind of influences are these and why this particular combination of simultaneous readings? I wouldn t know. I do things like that...by feeling...no explanation.






Performing, choreographing a new "baladi" piece (trying to figure out how can you "crystalize" movements in a choreography with a style that is, by nature, pure improvization...hmmm...), learning a new Mohamed Abdul Wahab piece to teach alongside with my dearest Mahmoud Reda (when and if he asks for my help, he will always find me by his side until the end of the world...this is a friendship for Eternity), writing my book with a deadline over my head and many discoveries on the way.





Not mentioning the "Women's Empowering" project which was born from a supposed "conflict" between women (ah, you gotta love them!)...my body, head and heart are flowing and floating in the immense ocean of CHAOS).



Fear to get lost, for sure.




But excited (Yes, I was born this way;).

No comments: