Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nawal El Saadawi: 'Religion is all politics'



Straight to the point!

This blog is my own professional and personal mirror.
I am, maybe, supposed to restrain myself from osting videos, images or texts that are not directly connected with my DANCING/TEACHING career but I can t help being myself and also can t help pointing out a very deep conviction of mine: Oriental Dancing is not JUST dance or a way to know a specific culture.

Oriental Dance is all about HUMAN BEINGS, FREEDOM, SEXUALITY and SENSUALITY, CREATIVITY, INTELLIGENCE, WOMEN S OPPRESSION and so much more...

Don t you be surprised, then...if I post a miraculous video like this one.
Conservatives, fundamentalists and brainless people will be mad at me. I might even receive anonymous (of course they are anonymous, hence the coward character of the brainless) offending me and accusing me of being heretic and against religion. I don t care. I REALLY don t care.

I do CARE for the COURAGE to express the TRUTH. In dance as in Life.

P.S. I have no intention of apologizing for my honesty any day soon.
Thank you.

No comments: