Monday, October 17, 2011









Thank you, Merano (Italy)!




The meaning of success is very particular and wide for me.


I still insist on dancing, teaching, writing and LIVING with my full presence, body and soul and complete honesty, only using my own talents, intelligence and abilities instead of surrendering to the dirty systems which premiate lobbies, convenient "friends/connections" and other dirty stuff.




According to my very own notion of what success is, I can frankly say: I was happy and extremely successful during this last weekend in Italy, where I was teaching two different workshops (one on dancing Om Kolthoum and another on dancing egyptian percussion).


Not only the organizer of the event, Simone, did an incredible job (professionalism and human kindness silently mixed into one, not very common to find these days!) but I felt a true connection with all the students that attended the workshops.




They were 100% present, as much as I was and we could UNITE our worlds, brains, hearts and souls in a way that, for me, defines SUCCESS when it comes to DANCE. This is the POINT about teaching or performing on stage: to CONNECT, truly CONNECT with other people and, not only entertain them, but bring them an opportunity to get out of themselves and WIDEN their perceptions of dance and life. This is my duty, my passion, my mission. And I am the happiest and most successful person when I KNOW I ve achieved that.




Thank you, Simone.


Thank you, beautiful women who attended the workshops.


Thank you, gorgeous South Tyrolese city of Merano which I 've grown to love beyond words and common logical understanding.

No comments: