Tuesday, October 18, 2011







































Merano, Italy!




Here are some images of my last trip to Italy where I gave two wonderful WORKSHOPS.



It all started with the typical Alitalia incompetences (bad service from beginning till the end, fight s delays and a general lack of reliability that makes you think that team is united to make your trip a living hell and sink the airplane company...very weird!).



Due to flight delays, I lost my flight connection to Bolzano (the nearest airport from Merano, where I was heading for work) and had to spend the night in Rome.























As my sister, abruptly, put it on the phone, when I called complaining about this event: "there are worse places to be stuck in during the night than Rome!" . She was right and I must stop complaining about this little bump on the road.

As I arrived to Merano in the morning, there was my so anxiously awaited trip to one of Merano s mountains with a lovely lunch of a delicious pair of "knodel" with Simone, the amazing organizer of my workshops there.


I must make a note here: Simone is NOT a mountain lover, like me.


I have this blessed Capricorn ascendant that gives me an irrational love for climbing everything (all kinds of mountains, the ones made of earth and the ones made of DREAMS and CHALLENGES) and for big, rocky places with amplitude and nature all around.


Simone doesn t. So she sacrificed for my own pleasure. For that I say:

"Thank you, sweet pie, you re the best!"

The workshops that followed were a blessing because everybody was there for the RIGHT reason and I could truly connect with the students, although we were very limited, time wise.


We worked on Om Kolthoum s interpretation, percussion work in dance and other stuff that make EXCEPTIONAL DANCERS, as well as EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE.


Great company, professional and kind organization of the whole event, great place to be in, delicious food (and I heard, wine...but I don t drink...), gorgeous things and people around me, the sound of Merano s thermae water running into the city in the early morning...ahhhhhh...........God, that was GREAT!



I have to thank , again, all the students that were present in the workshops and Simone who made them possible.


Not every one would go out of his/her way to make my little wishes and pleasures come true in the way Simone did and this is NOT part of her responsabilities as an event s organizer but she STILL DOES IT and she does it from her heart. That makes me want to go back again and again...thanks to Simone!

No comments: